The Vodacom Connected Youth Roadshow will be visiting 22 university campuses countrywide during July and August 2019, to provide students with motivational workshops focused on the skills required for successful careers.
A major feature at each of the workshops will be an entrepreneurial pitching competition, giving students who have started their own businesses the opportunity to gain more experience and get valuable feedback on in how to present their ideas to industry professionals and their peers.
Each pitching competition will have a judging panel, consisting of entrepreneurs, speakers, fellow students and community leaders. Judging will be based on the viability of the business idea, the money making opportunities for potential investors, as well as the content and quality of the presentation.
- R5 000 and title of “Vodacom Connected Youth Pitching Competition Winner 2019” at each university
- Full access to Pride Factor’s Online Academy, valued at R1 500
- A Microsoft Home Office Suite, valued at R1 500
- Entry into the Grand Prize, where the best overall presentation will win a Green Scooter valued at R120 000. Overall winners will be announced after the final event on 31 August 2019.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ENTRY TO THE PITCHING COMPETITION:
- Complete the online form below and indicate at which university you want to present your pitch.
- Applications will be reviewed and the five best presentations for each university will selected.
- All applicants need to attend the Vodacom Connected Youth Roadshow workshop at their university, where the five selected candidates will be announced and present their business concepts.
SELECTION CRITERIA & RULES:
- Entry to the Vodacom Connected Youth Pitching Competition is free.
- Applications will be assessed based on the originality of the idea/company, the viability of the business concept and the overall calibre of information provided.
- Applicants may only pitch once.
- This competition is open to students at the university where the competition is being staged.
- Showcase your concept and technology to a wider audience.
- Gain Public Relations exposure.
- Obtain access to support.
- Tap into different markets.
- Receive valuable feedback and insight from professionals and entrepreneurs.
THANK YOU FOR ENTERING THE COMPETITION. YOUR ENTRY IS UNDER REVIEW AND WE WILL CONTACT THE WINNERS.
Vodacom Connected Youth Roadshow Schedule
|16 July 2019||Uni. Of WITS|
|17 July 2019||Uni. Of TUKS|
|18 July 2019||Tshwane Uni. Of Tech.|
|23 July 2019||UKZN Howard|
|24 July 2019||Uni. Of KZN Westville|
|25 July 2019||Uni. Of KZN PMB|
|26 July 2019||Uni. Of Zululand|
|29 July 2019||Vega La Lucia|
|31 July 2019||Nelson Mandela Metro. Uni. South|
|01 August 2019||Rhodes Uni.|
|05 August 2019||Uni. Of Stellenbosch|
|06 August 2019||Uni. Of Cape Town|
|07 August 2019||Uni. Of Western Cape|
|08 August 2019||Cape Penn. Uni. Bellville Campus|
|12 August 2019||Uni. Of UJ APK|
|14 August 2019||Uni. Of Free State|
|15 August 2019||Cent. Uni. Of Tech. Bloem Campus|
|19 August 2019||Vega Randburg|
|20 August 2019||North West Uni. Potch|
|22 August 2019||Sol Plaatjie Uni.|
|27 August 2019||Uni. Of Venda|
|29 August 2019||Vaal Uni. Of Tech|